I feel a little bit sick.
Things I'm looking forward to:
- seeing my nephew and niece again
- full English breakfast (just the once, I promise)
- gossiping with the girls
- curry, naan bread, onion bhajis
Things I'm really not looking forward to at all:
- mithering relatives
- lists of chores waiting for me on my Mom's kitchen table
- my Brother's 'advice' sessions
- head office
I'm only going to be there until Sunday, but I'm already thinking I might change my ticket and come home sooner.
I know I'll have a good time really. I know it'll be ridiculous and funny and that I'll come back armed with tales for you all. I know that the thought is worse than the deed.
So why am I putting off ironing?
Why am I avoiding packing?
How come I feel sick?
I wonder if I've finally found my home....and I'm just reluctant to leave it?
This is the song that comes to mind. Beautiful, no?