dimanche 9 mars 2008

La Nouvelle France m'attends

So I'm off to Montreal for easter. But the question is this, do they have Mounties in Montreal?

Short of the teeny tiny possibility of bumping into Rufus Wainwright, while he's back in town to visit his Mother (it'll be a chance encounter in the street, he'll be instantly captivated by me, we'll hang out for a couple of days and then he'll ask me to marry him to keep me from leaving the country), anyway, beyond this Mounties are the thing I'm most looking forward to.

Maybe it's a hangover from my big crush on Paul Gross from Due South, or maybe it's just the uniform, but I'm really hoping they're there. And that there's a bar in the village that has a Mounties night.

Any other recommendations for things that may entertain me in Montreal are very much welcomed...and remember, I'm pretty easy to please.

8 commentaires:

aims a dit…

Well - I'm not sure if you are going to run into a Mountie in Montreal - come to Calgary darling and I can just about guarantee it...of course you do know you have to misbehave - and I'm sure that won't be a far stretch for you....but - do have a look here..

http://montreal.gaycities.com/

aims a dit…

oh - and this
http://www.go-montreal.com/areas_village.htm

Anonyme a dit…

I could be wrong about this but I belive Mounties are a federal police force.Montreal (like any major city) has it's own police dept and then there is a provincial police dept. for Quebec.

And now I take a deep breath and realise that that really didn't answer the question asked.

I do know theres a flame haired customs officer in Toronto I am utterly besotted with.Does that help?

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Aims, thanks for the links - is it going to be snowing? I'm expecting a european easter with tulips in bloom and the sun shining. I guess I'm wrong huh?

And Dev, that helps more than you can possibly imagine. Or maybe not. But anyway, I hope the flame haired beauty is on secondment to YUL.

Breezy a dit…

Oh go on then I have to say it The Mounty always gets his man. So basically you're sorted

softinthehead a dit…

Good luck finding a mountie or a tulip in Montreal at this time of year. I do remember there being a mountie wandering around the airport many years ago as a tourist attraction, not sure if that is still the case. Montreal have just had the same storm as us hence no tulips. But it is a cool city with great night life.

Anonyme a dit…

You will have to learn to sing this in your best nelson Eddy Voice

Far over the snow what are those voices?
(Over the snow)
They sing as they go.
What do those voices (call)

Look out for the Mounties
(Here come the Mounties)
We come ... somebody hide, somebody better hide!

On thru' the hail
Like a pack of angry wolves on the trail,
(We are after you) dead or alive
We are out to get you dead or alive
(And we'll get you soon.)

If you're the one
Better run, better run away
Son you are done
Throw your gun, throw your gun away
Here come the Mounties to get the man they're after now.

(Musical Interlude)

On thru' the hail
Like a pack of angry wolves on the trail,
(We are after you) dead or alive
We are out to get you dead or alive
(And we'll get you soon.)

If you're the one
Better run, better run away
Son you are done
Throw your gun, throw your gun away
Here come the Mounties to get the man they're after now

travelling, but not in love a dit…

VM, quelle talent! Quelle talent!

I'm stunned. i'll have to find the tune for it now....