vendredi 16 novembre 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

Well, we met for lunch and that was it. Mark is quitting. Has quit. And I guess it's going to be difficult to bump into each other as he's moving to Dubai. In three weeks time.

I said it would end in tears. It hasn't. Not mine, not his. This is a good thing.

So I start today with a fresh outlook. No bags, no baggage. No easy relationship with someone who will never get too serious. No using him as an excuse for not getting out there and sorting my life out. It's taught me that actually, although I think being single is fine, having someone to come home to is not unpleasant. I'm not sure I crave this, let alone want this, but at least I'm no longer saying no, no way, never.

Trust me, finding this new attitude is a milestone.

Or is it a millstone?

I never did work out the difference.

2 commentaires:

Swearing Mother a dit…

It's a milestone, honestly.

I've read all your posts back to back today having been off the air some of this week. Your writing is getting better and better, scarily so. You sure you're not a professional?

Anyway, I've tagged you over on my blog to do Crazy 8's. Not sure if it's your thing, don't worry if you don't fancy baring your soul, just ignore me.

Anonyme a dit…

getting rid of any baggage is good, its not like loosing it is it?
Complicated relationships are such an energy zapper.
Unless the thought of seeing that special person makes your heart zing - is there a point.
Been there a few times, its always a relief to get out from underneath