vendredi 16 novembre 2007

I predict a riot

How very French.

Behind my house is the Ecole National du Tresor Public. And god bless' em, this morning they was a manifestin' in the street. Shouting, klaxon-ing, singing and generally having quite a nice time, it seemed. I almost felt like joining them, such fun they appeared to be having.

As I drove across town, I passed the Prefecture and coming from the Police Station next door were van loads of Police with riot shields and batons at the ready. Suddenly the manifestation looked less enticing.

I guess this is serious stuff really - a nation fighting against a President who is determined to break the stranglehold that the unions have on the country. I feel a sense of detachment from it at the moment, but I know that ultimately, we will all be affected in one way or another.

Vive la revolution? Let's just get it done with and out of the way, and let's get on with our lives. Some of us have trains to catch, don't you know.

Aucun commentaire: