lundi 3 août 2009

Missing a bit

In the photo I received by email this morning, it's Saturday morning, 3am and I'm dancing in Birmingham's oldest, biggest and gayest gay club.

Dancing with a whole load of friends, plus my boss and two other members of the board of directors where I work.

Yes, it seems that I invited them. Don't ask me why. I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.

In fact, the birthday party went really well - it was a good mix of 40 friends, family and a select few colleagues who have become friends over the years.

I'm not sure that my boss expected to ever see me stood in front of a room of drunkards, wearing a pair of bunny ears, demonstrating a pair of furry handcuffs and drinking champagne from the bottle through a straw shaped like a penis, but hey - she needs to love me or leave me, right?

Now, I'm sure exciting/crazy/worrying things happened and that hilariousness did indeed ensue, but I was just a little too, erm, drunk to remember. I'd love to be recounting tales of crazy mothers and idiot friends, but I truly don't remember.

See, the thing is, I remember telling people at the restaurant that we were off to the nightclub, and then I remember waking up at my Mom's house.

The whole period between those two events is lost forever.

At least I hope it is.

Please don't tell me what I did. I don't want to know....

11 commentaires:

alan a dit…

:) sounds like the perfect birthday so! xox

The Mutant a dit…

I do so love a night like that. The best thing is trying to fit all the fragments together into one whole, coherent memory!

Besides, I have friends who are your age and are so dead shit boring that they'd call the night early at the restaurant and then toddle off home, so well done.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Alan, it was pretty good....I enjoyed myself

Mootant, it's the gathering of the memories that worries me. When I went to Glastonbury a few years back I was still trying to remember what bands I'd seen a year later - it's why I didn't go back again!

Tony a dit…

That's it? The years most anticipated and that's it? That's the entire review? I'm glad I was eating sushi .....

cb a dit…

OMG. So you don't remember having a bit of a pash with your BOSS??

Anonyme a dit…

Lovely images in my mind , you with pink ears sucking a penis - sounds about right for a significant party
Now surely the UK tribe will stop trying to fit you up with girls.
Did you do a French bash too

Daryl a dit…

Welcome to your 40s .. a time of high jinks and hilarity followed by no memory ... which might just be a good thing ...

Anonyme a dit…

Hmm, so you believe you had an excellent time and that's good enough I reckon. No need for anyone to tell you otherwise.

Greg a dit…

That does sound like a fun evening.

Anonyme a dit…

Oh god, don't you hate that. I hope you never remember. I always find if you don't remember, you shouldn't try. You can't be embarrassed by what you can't recall!

Brett a dit…

Happy birthday, the big 40!!!!!, mine seems like a distant memory and it was only 2 years ago.