Yes, I reached 200 posts today. This is post number 200 and I'm pretty amazed...I'm not usually this good at sticking with things.
So, in the spirit of big long lists that celebrate landmark-blogposts (and blatantly copying the work of my lovely Irish Dutch Friend) I thought I'd give you one. Well, a big long list, anyway, he he.
I tried to get this to be 200 things you always wanted to know about me, but it's going to be just a mere 100. Trust me, this has been hard enough...
1. I have visited 64 countries and 24 states of the union.
2. I hate peas. Can barely look at them. Certainly can’t have them near my food.
3. White wine makes me sneeze.
4. I’ve been working for 20 years and have spent 8 of these years overseas.
5. I have one brother. We are polar opposites.
6. I’m really jealous of anyone who has flown on an A380.
7. I really want to go to Easter Island. More than anywhere else.
8. I like how I look, even though I'm not everyone's cup of tea.
9. My favourite song of all time is yet to be decided. There are a few contenders.
10. First contender is Laura Nyro with ‘it’s gonna take a miracle’
11. Second contender is Aznavour – ‘emmenez-moi’
12. Final contender, and probable winner is Rufus Wainwright with the whole of the ‘want one’ album. I appreciate that this is cheating.
13. My favourite country in the world for holidays is Japan.
14. My favourite place in the world is wherever my friends are.
15. I spend most of my life speaking French these days, but I could speak it so much better.
16. I drink too much. I’m a classic English binge drinker.
17. I’m in love with Mark Ruffalo.
18. I’m the fourth generation, following three generations of men who died before they hit 60
19. This worries me.
20. I love taking photographs but never show them to anyone.
21. I’m at my happiest and my saddest when I am in love.
22. My father never turned down an invitation. I’m my father’s son.
23. Since 2002, I have only worn Bjorn Borg underpants. They hold me well.
24. My hair grows really quickly, but looks better when it is first cut.
25. I hate the UK attitude to architecture. Holland has got it right.
26. I have grey hairs coming. This scares me.
27. I dance a lot and I dance badly. I don’t care.
28. My favourite journey was the train from Moscow to Ulaan Batar, Mongolia.
29. I have eaten live ants. They tasted like salt and vinegar crisps.
30. I slept with one of my best customers to win the business.
31. I slept with him again to keep the business.
32. The longest time I spent in pyjamas is five days (see 28 above).
33. I can’t stand James Blunt and often think about kicking him.
34. I turn the radio off if UB40 or the Police come on.
35. Fish and Chips from a proper chip shop is very hard to beat.
36. I wear a lot of white t-shirts. Ralph Lauren makes the best ones - they are long.
37. I try to be good and I try to be respectful. Sometimes it’s a chore.
38. I wish I had a hairy chest.
39. I’ve had two great suntans in my life. Both times I lived in hot countries for long periods.
40. Israel upset me. But now I think I’m ready to go back.
41. I just looked at flights to Tel Aviv. I’m not going back until it’s cheaper.
42. I'm good at meditating. I just don't do it enough.
43. I'm incredibly allergic to cats, dogs and guinea pigs.
44. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be cheese.
45. And maybe tuna mayo sandwiches on good bread.
46. My family think I'm quiet. No-one else does.
47. The best sex I ever had was with a guy from the Cook Islands.
48. I've tried lots of different drugs. Despite what the song says, they work.
49. When I was a small child I was in love with my 40 year-old next door neighbour, Barry.
50. It took me a long time to decide that I prefer men to women.
51. Now I don't know why it took so long to work it out.
52. My favourite club is XXL in Birmingham. It's hilarious.
53. I used to get a thrill from the Men's underpant section of my Mom's grattans catalogue - when I was 7 years old.
54. I love being drunk. I hate not remembering it the next day.
55. I've been in love a few times in my life. I fall too fast, too hard.
56. People are often surprised to learn that I am gay. This, in turn, surprises me.
57. I love Brothers and Sisters.
58. I'm a Monoprix shopper. Can't bear the 'grandes surfaces'.
59. I'd love to be rich enough for money to not be a deciding factor, ever.
60. A week in the South of France, with friends, wine and cheese is a perfect holiday.
61. I wish I had been a airline steward. Just for a short while.
62. My favourite shop in the whole world is BHV in Paris.
63. But I'd rather be shopping in Tokyo.
64. My schoolteacher laughed when I said I wanted to be an architect.
65. I became a travel agent instead.
67. I lost my virginity at 16. Then again at 20. The second time was in a tent.
68. I'm always planning my next trip.
69. I love orange juice and will drink it till I itch.
70. The Beatles are my musical nemesis.
71. I have lived in 4 french départements - 45, 64, 69 and 75
72. Contrary to popular belief, American men are good lovers.
73. Equally, the French are not the most stylish nation on earth.
74. Forget what anyone else says - happiness CAN be found in a bottle of gin. I looked, and it was there, waiting for me.
75. The best concert I've ever been to was Pet Shop Boys at le Grand Rex in Paris.
76. The first concert I ever went to was the Smiths at the Birmingham Hippodrome in 1984.
77. I'm a platinum card holding Air France frequent flyer.
78. Given a choice, I'd be flying with someone else.
79. Given a choice, it wouldn't be British Airways (sorry, LaTanya).
80. I'm easy. I wish I wasn't, but I am.
81. I've been known to dance to 'respectable' by Mel and Kim. Last week. I even tried some of the 'moves' from the video. In public.
82. When someone hurts themself, my natural reaction is to laugh. I wish it wasn't.
83. I hate the trains in the UK, but love them in France.
84. Give me a young(ish) guy with grey hair and I'm in heaven.
85. I quite like the smell of a sour drain.
86. My dad died in a supermarket.
87. In my time I've been bleached, highlighted and permed. Although never at the same time.
89. I'm not averse to a nude beach.
90. I think I'm going to turn into my mother.
91. I spent the first sixteen years of my life as a church going boy.
92. I stopped believing in God when I was 11.
93. I buy too many shoes, but get a thrill from handing over my card in the shoe shop.
94. I give great head.
95. If I had to choose between "Yes" and "No", I'd say "Yes".
96. My best friend is more of a brother to me than my brother.
97. I believe that everyone has the right to marry their loved one.
98. The biggest surprise in my life is that my life is still surprising me.
99. I'm looking for a husband.
100. I hate writing lists.
Here's to the next 200. And thank the Lord I never have to write one of these lists ever again...it was hard work!