dimanche 9 novembre 2008

Good head

So, Chicago. It's been a week and what a week it's been.

Really, how great is this city? Everything a boy could ever wish for, wrapped up in good old fashioned midwestern hospitality. Truly, it was hard to leave. Except for the family thing. Boy did that get old quickly.

The only good thing about taking this trip en famille is that none of them can say that I never gave it a go. So, when they announce the destination for next year I can back out gracefully without being accused of 'never wanting to do family stuff'. Paying it forward, folks, I'm paying it forward.

In a bid to get some free time/some me time I decided I'd go get a haircut. This is on the basis that a) I didn't get one before going to Chi-town and b) I'm off visiting next weekend and don't have time in the week for a cut either and I do want to look my best for my Irish Dutch friend.

The haircut decision was also based on the fact that I couldn't imagine either of the two other grown men in the party wanting to spend the morning 'dans le salon'.

I was wrong. My brother and my cousin's husband both decided that they too would like a haircut, and so the die was cast. Did I know anywhere to get a cut, was the question.

Well, I had spotted a coiffeur whilst speeding my way home from Boystown in a taxi at 4a.m. the previous morning (I'm not going to say where I'd been other than this - Condi Rice watch out, there's a new name at the middle east peace table, baby).

Anyway, I do digress. I'd passed this place which was all lit up with neon and looked like a classy barbers shop type joint.

The Barber Shop was called 'Good Head'. I'm not sure why I was drawn to it.

But hey, the joy of arriving outside the place with Brother and Cousin-in-law, and seeing their faces when they noticed the big neon sign?

Priceless.

20 commentaires:

aims a dit…

They know don't they? Or don't they?

btw - love the new look! It's lovely and - pink! I love it!

OMG! verification is - badsm

A Lewis a dit…

I love those impromptu haircuts...in cities far and varied. It's kind of erotic...like sex in foreign ports with people you don't know!

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Aims, they know. They really know.

And they're all very cool, so I have that to be thankful for.

Lewis, it's true...something a bit wrong about it!

Brett a dit…

You always light up my morning, in a dark way.

amy a dit…

Your family trip to Chicago sounds like a lot of hard work, but an excellent plot for a film?! I can just see the haircut scene...

tornwordo a dit…

That's the best salon name ever.

cb a dit…

Chicago is my favorite city in the world. If I could figure out how to live there (and afford it) I would!

Unknown a dit…

I can only imagine the fear !

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Brett, as always, I'm glad to be of service...

Amy, it's a movie that would need a certain certificate, trust me!

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Torny, isn't it though? Fabulous.

CB - it's just the best - I agree.

KP - you can almost smell it, non?

Anonyme a dit…

Oh, definitely the best salon name, ever.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

12oti - it's pretty fab, isn't it. Not quite curl up and dye, but hey...

Victor a dit…

Good head! I suppose they blow dry? Do they give discounts to seniors too?

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Victor - I think it'd be worth asking....

Daryl a dit…

oh you devil you ... I wish I could have seen their collection expressions ...

:-Daryl

travelling, but not in love a dit…

D, it was marvellous. But they were pretty game and came on in for a cut....

Louise a dit…

You need a photo blog. I want to see the "priceless." Look.

And don't tell me you're slamming my other female political hero/ine!?

So did they? (The salon.)

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Louise, I'm really not slamming Condi. She has lovely hair and a toothy grin. I like that in a girl.

I'm just helping her out with her peace negotiations. I didn't do a very good job though....

Tony a dit…

Don't we all like 'Good Head'? I'm off to Chicago next week so atleast I know where I can get some ;-)

travelling, but not in love a dit…

LaTanya, I heartily recommend the Side Track bar, and if you're after a laugh, try the lube wrestling (oh yes) at Hydrate.

And Steamworks if you're feeling brave (I wasn't)....