mardi 8 juillet 2008

Are you a Gayer?

My 5 year old nephew, at the weekend:

"Uncle, are you a Gayer?"

"What does that mean?"

"I don't know. Dad said you're a Gayer and so I won't have any cousins"

And they wonder why I live overseas.

20 commentaires:

A Lewis a dit…

yeah, but the rest of us don't wonder. so, now we're all wondering.....are you a gayer? inquiring minds want to know!

Lane Mathias a dit…

Gayer than who?-)

travelling, but not in love a dit…

How about this from www.urbandictionary.com

"as gay is no longer an insult, add gayer to take it back to its old, childish meaning.

was: omg you're so gay.
now: omg you're such a gayer "

hmm. not sure any of it is appropriate for a five year old.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

And Lewis...are you seriously asking?

You donut.

tornwordo a dit…

I love how kids have no filters.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Torny, this one has no filters.

None whatsoever.

aims a dit…

Gosh - I wonder what my excuse is...

(I didn't know kids came with filters...all I've known just wore diapers)

Stew a dit…

My kids just found out their auntie is lesbian.
Took a bit of explaining about why she had children, how she waited until they were old enough to understand before she left to set up home with "auntie" Katie.
At the end of all this they were looking a little worried so Fiona says "don't worry, I'm not going to leave dad for a woman"
And Callan (10 years old) says "anyway, you'd have to like fanny"
Straight faced.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Aims, you have no excuse. But we forgive you.

And Stew....Well done Callan!

He's just pure class, that boy.

You and Fiona must be very proud.

Unknown a dit…

my entire immediate family are born again christians. they deal with my GAYER-ness in their in their own special way. five years from now, i wonder what my little brother will tell my newborn niece about little ol' me. hmmmm.

Anonyme a dit…

well at least you have a real adjective - in Ireland these kind of things get swept under the carpet and whole categories of converations are purposely avoided. Give me Uncle Gayer any day :-)

Breezy a dit…

That's what I love about kids their parents can't tell them anything without they repeat it. Probably the ONLY good thing about kids

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Mike, that sounds tough. I'm guessing it'll be a 'non-subject'...

Conortje, ditto for Ireland really. It's that Catholic guilt. I blame the Pope. But that's a whole other subject....

And Breezy, je agree. Kids are nice enough and all that, but really....

Daryl a dit…

Ah Lane beat me to it ...

See, the mean me would have said 'yes, just like your dad' ... and then the sweet child would have gone back and ... well it would have amused me to think of that conversation

:-Daryl

Anonyme a dit…

I thought you were a straight woman!

{not really}

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Daryl, that's fabulous. I wish I'd thought of that one myself!

Alan, shame on you. tee hee.

Megan McGurk a dit…

It's wonderful to get some distance from ignorant family, isn't it?

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Medbh, it certainly is. My brother never ceases to amaze me.

Anonyme a dit…

LOL thats funny,a gayette, a gaying ,a gayister wooo think of all the words we could make up.
best I had was my god daughter asking me if I was forin - well I guess Welsh could be.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

VM - that's quite cool. I suppose welsh is a bit foreign for a wee child...