I've arrived early for my flight. The plan is that I sit in the fancy lounge and get some work done.
Well I'm sat in the fancy lounge and, to be honest, I'm not sure about the whole work thing...
I'm easily distracted, and as airports go, Geneva is quite fascinating - the mix of people passing through is unlike any other airport in the world. On any given day, you can see the following:
1. Russian millionaires, with wives ordered from the slutty section.
2. Tarquin and Jocasta, heading back from Val d'isere with Mummy (Daddy is already back in the city).
3. Libyan men in safari suits, waiting for the ever-delayed Air Afriqiyah flight to Tripoli.
4. French sorts looking lost, much gallic shrugging.
5. Posh British girls heading home from finishing school.
6. A Bennetton ad of UN kids on their way back to LSE.
7. An Oxfam type, usually female, usually badly dressed. Going home after speaking at the UNHCR.
8. A posse of braying bankers. All nationalities. All vile.
9. Chinese woman frantically waving her UN 'laisser passer' at immigration.
10. A scruffy 'bloke' or 'lad', always English, with his leg in plaster.
You get the picture.
Sure, it's fascinating, but I spend my whole time here hoping that the passenger next to me is not on this list....