mercredi 3 février 2010

curious questions #1

A couple of days ago, I left le FP on the sofa and headed out in search of a taxi to take me to meet friends for a drink in the Marais.

It was nearly one a.m. and I asked the taxi driver to drop me on the corner of rue du Temple and rue Ste Croix de la Bretonnerie. This is an intersection where you'll find at least five gay bars within twenty metres. It's kind of poofy like that.

"You smell like basil" said the taxi driver as I settled into his cab.

"Really?" said I, a little taken aback.

"Yeah, like a bowl of pasta" he replied.

"Good enough to eat?" I ventured, jokingly.

"Well, erm, maybe" he replied, definitely uncomfortable with the turn the conversation had taken.

"le Marais is full of queers you know" said the taxi driver.

"Really?" I said. "You do surprise me."

"Are you gay?" he asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, you don't look gay but you're going to the Marais at this time of night".

"Well," I said, "I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is." I nearly pissed myself laughing at how funny I found this.

"I don't understand" said the taxi driver.

"Never mind" said I. "Probably best if you just concentrate on driving".

10 commentaires:

Daryl a dit…

Funny you dont look like basil ...

Anonyme a dit…

had u had pasta then
Nice to see u and FP still ok
I didnt know you had a gay boy friend either, does that make me a parisienne taxi driver lolol

Teaser a dit…

Wow, you've had me fooled all this time about FP :)

Unknown a dit…

i knew a guy named basil once.

Anonyme a dit…

Very witty indeed. All I want to know really though, is why you smelt like basil.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

D - I look a bit like Basil Brush, less like Basil Fawlty....

VM - I'd had a little carbonara - nothing with basil in...

Teaser - he's crafty like that ;-)

Mike, I bet you did too. lol

12oti - I put it down to my new cologne - Japon Noire by Tom Ford

Kate a dit…

I love the boyfriend comment. I wonder if you actually smelt like basil or if your driver thought everyone smelt of basil...
Kate xx
http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com/

cb a dit…

I think I would have told him to fuck off at the pasta bowl comment.

Vas-tu faire foutre? Or something, right?

Or Vas-tu fais en cul?

Anonyme a dit…

brilliant, I love it hehe

The Mutant a dit…

Are you like a magnet for fuckwits or something? Hilarious... You probably should've just gotten him to smell your crotch as asked what that smelt like. He may have been more partial to that scent?