mardi 3 juin 2008

La centaine

Here it is - my 100th post.

I was going to give you a list of 100 things you don't know about me. But hey, you know most of them.

No matter what I thought about doing a list of 100 of, I couldn't do it and still keep your interest, so I figured I'd give you a top ten. My top ten songs of all time.

Now this is a difficult thing to do - as anyone who has been attacked by a meme will tell you. My music tastes change all the time - to me they depend on my mood, the weather, the time of day, the season, the underpants I'm wearing....you get the picture.

Obviously, I couldn't do it - even this was beyond me.

So I'm settling for a few places that have been a part of my story. Each of them has a tale attached, each comes with a memory for me that I'll share with you - one day.

And no, it's not a list of places where I got me some action. What a low opinion you have of me.

Here goes.

1. The car park at the Shires Shopping Centre, Leicester.

2. The beach at Bidart, between Biarritz and St Jean de Luz. July. Sunset.

3. Sydney harbour, on the last ferry to Balmain.

4. Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham. 1969. 2001. 2002. 2003.

5. the A470. October '92. On a bus.

6. Rotterdam. Oh, Rotterdam. Hotel New York.

7. London, Ontario.

8. Aghia Galini, Crete.

9. Euston Station. 21 March 2002. 4.45 p.m.

10. Jug of Ale, Trafalgar, Fighting Cocks.

Just working on this list and I'm surprised at how reciting these names has made me feel. A couple of them made me smile, broadly. One of them made me cry. I wasn't sure I could include it. I did.

As I look at them now, it seems that I've set myself up with a bit of work. Future posts. I know you're not going to let me leave it at just a list....

_______________________________

Thanks for supporting me during my first 100. It's been amazing to me how so many of you have come and so few have gone! Your comments make me smile, wince, scowl, giggle, guffaw and laugh out loud. Don't stop, now.

x

26 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Congrats on 100 posts! I'd say keep them coming. :)

I'm glad Rotterdam made it onto that list! I feel a bit proud now. ;)

But now your next ten posts have to be about the stories behind all these places, or curiosity will kill my cat. Except that I don't actually own one.

Anonyme a dit…

Jug of Ale? Fighting Cocks? Goodness!

Congrats on 100 posts. That's quite prolific seeing as you began relatively recently, ja?

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Marjolein...I don't want to be responsible for any feline demise, so I'll try and post the back-stories...

It may take some time.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Enda, goodness indeed.

Thereby hang some great tales.

'Young man seeking beer and good time' kind of tales.

I guess it's not been so long since I started...October '07 was the first post...feels like years, ha ha.

Swearing Mother a dit…

Travelling, I knew from day one you'd be a star, and you are. Yours is one of those blogs which never bore me, you are someone with such an interesting story to tell and I'm looking forward to hearing more of it.

I'm so enjoying your company.

x

Swearing Mother a dit…

Obviously, I was slightly pissed when I wrote the above, it does sound a wee bit cheesy now I look at it.

Never mind, it's all true.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

SM, you say the sweetest things. You were my first. You took my blogging cherry, as it were.

I'm always pleased to see you here, and glad you're enjoying the ride.

I'm guessing that some of the places in my list are familiar to you?

travelling, but not in love a dit…

SM. ha ha - slightly pissed. I like it - wouldn't want you any other way!

aims a dit…

Well sweetie - I for one am very glad I found you and I also know I will never tire of you. For some reason I feel a certain bond between us - perhaps because of my brother - perhaps because of your first comment over on mine. I don't know.

Whatever it is - you get those 'man panties'(coined the phrase myself - The Man hates it) on and give us those back stories in between the painting and the decorating.

A Lewis a dit…

so, do you want 100 whacks for your milestone marker?

Lola a dit…

It's fun, isn't it? I love writing my own blog, and yours is one that I always visit. Keep it up (fnaar)!

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Aims, it's weird how this box of wires brings us together eh?

I'll get busy on the back stories, I promise. As soon as I get my man-panties out of the washing machine....

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Lewis, oh yes. Please.

But you have to promise to be gentle.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Lola, thanks. Keep on coming back - I hope there's more to entertain on the way.

Daryl a dit…

What a nice list of posts to look forward to ... I suspect the hospital was the sad reminder.

I am so verbose my 100th came and went without me even realizing I had missed a rite of passage .. no bat mitzvah for me.

Here's to 100 more!

:-Daryl

Anonyme a dit…

Hey 100 and onwards
Well done and interesting posts too
Ahh the A470 and a bus, now I mustnt miss that one.
Raise a glass of the "widow" to you.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Daryl, it's not so much a rite of passage as stunned amazement that I've stuck with it!

And you'll be surprised, but the hospital isn't the one that made me cry.....

VM - oh the A470 and a bus...it's a funny period of my life that.

Ups and downs on the A470....

CawfeeGuy a dit…

happy 100!

Megan McGurk a dit…

A hearty congrats on your 100th post, Travelling.
Keep at it.
You've got it.

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Cawfeeguy, Medbh, thanks....I'm enjoying this a lot, and am always pleased to see both of you here.

Breezy a dit…

Congratulations on 100 posts A bit late with my barrow I know since you're now on 101. Keep em coming you make me chuckle more than almost anyone else.

Oh and good news on the apartment keys

The Hangar Queen a dit…

Congrats on the first hundred.I think the seeds of 10% of the next hundred have been sown here.Looking forward to that harvest.

Big Smooch Alert

X

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Breezy, you're never too late for me - I'm always pleased to see you here. How's Frogmella doing...?

travelling, but not in love a dit…

HQ, thanks for the congrats (and the big smooch alert...blush).

Seeds are indeed well and truly sown.

I'm looking forward to writing those tales down. Well, most of them anyway....

amy a dit…

Love reading your writing and your comments too! Happy 100, you're just getting started -

travelling, but not in love a dit…

Thanks Amy, glad you've decided not to give up writing too! I'm sure it was only a moment of madness!