Here it is - my 100th post.
I was going to give you a list of 100 things you don't know about me. But hey, you know most of them.
No matter what I thought about doing a list of 100 of, I couldn't do it and still keep your interest, so I figured I'd give you a top ten. My top ten songs of all time.
Now this is a difficult thing to do - as anyone who has been attacked by a meme will tell you. My music tastes change all the time - to me they depend on my mood, the weather, the time of day, the season, the underpants I'm wearing....you get the picture.
Obviously, I couldn't do it - even this was beyond me.
So I'm settling for a few places that have been a part of my story. Each of them has a tale attached, each comes with a memory for me that I'll share with you - one day.
And no, it's not a list of places where I got me some action. What a low opinion you have of me.
1. The car park at the Shires Shopping Centre, Leicester.
2. The beach at Bidart, between Biarritz and St Jean de Luz. July. Sunset.
3. Sydney harbour, on the last ferry to Balmain.
4. Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham. 1969. 2001. 2002. 2003.
5. the A470. October '92. On a bus.
6. Rotterdam. Oh, Rotterdam. Hotel New York.
7. London, Ontario.
8. Aghia Galini, Crete.
9. Euston Station. 21 March 2002. 4.45 p.m.
10. Jug of Ale, Trafalgar, Fighting Cocks.
Just working on this list and I'm surprised at how reciting these names has made me feel. A couple of them made me smile, broadly. One of them made me cry. I wasn't sure I could include it. I did.
As I look at them now, it seems that I've set myself up with a bit of work. Future posts. I know you're not going to let me leave it at just a list....
Thanks for supporting me during my first 100. It's been amazing to me how so many of you have come and so few have gone! Your comments make me smile, wince, scowl, giggle, guffaw and laugh out loud. Don't stop, now.